Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself 30 Years Later

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Craig Duckering
    Participant

Hi Everyone, I played mainly flute when I was a kid, age 7 on. Then did a year of trombone and switched to Alto Sax for a couple years in Marching Band in High School. I literally have not played an instrument in more than 30 years since then. But my Wife has been telling me it would be great to play for her, so I finally picked up one up (rent to possibly own). I decided to go with Tenor this time since I like the sound of it, and this rental was brand new. A week of practice so far, and it is coming along, although I am having to learn how to read music again, and I have a long way to go to be able to practice more than 20-30 minutes so far without my mouth cramping up. But I’ll get there, and am already having fun playing the easier songs with the backtrack, from Hello Dolly to Can’t Help…. that is a lot of fun. Anyway, certainly it’s never too late to pick up the sax again, life is short!

john
      Keymaster

so true Craig so true!
        30 min at a time till you get that embouchure back sounds pretty good to me…keep it up.
        I’ll be updating more songs to have the easy version as well, seems like a lot of folks are appreciating that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.