Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Tips a right good reed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

https://windblowers.com/article.php?id=103&PHPSESSID=946f15f00ea11f2af55167575f6ffbce

just bought this book today!

Well all i can say is , it doesn’t matter what level of player you think you are, and for me cost wise it’s the equivalent of paying for nearly three sax lessons.

I’m not going to pass on any details of whats in the book, suffice to say – i read a couple of pages and tried it out on my sax and it made a HUGE difference to my sound.

I was going to say if you have regular sax lessons like me, then like myself i was under the impression there is no need for this book, how wrong i am.
      The guy who wrote this is a genius.

Anonymous

Hi sxpoet. Okay, you’ve convinced me. I’m a ground-floor player who would like to move up a few levels by yesterday.

Being totally teacher-less and surviving on Sax titbits from my friend in the UK, it’s probably a great idea for me to acquire one of these boooks.

I can’t wait to see what has you so excited. I want to sound like Ben Webster – how many chapters will that take? – LOL

Anonymous

This book will improve your playing, more so if you are teacher-less,
          but even if you decide not to work through it, it is a very interesting read, i would say master class.

Anonymous

There’s two online arts courses done by the london art college that lasts a year each, that i want to sign up to, so this is the ‘last chance saloon’ sax playing wise, so the harle book for me is the ‘last roll of the dice’ – and has delayed the arts course.

Anonymous

Amazon has quite a few pages of the book available which one may view.

Just click on the orange and blue “Look inside” tab above the image of the book.

Click here to view book pages

Anonymous

Hi Jeff, how long will you have to wait for your book to arrive in SA?
                is it stocked in a music store near your house?

Anonymous

Hi sxpoet, it depends on where the books are sourced from. I have to buy from an online company and if the books come from Pretoria and they have stock, it may be here early next week. If the books are delivered to the company in Capetown, it could take two weeks or more depending on availability. So I’ll only start to sound more professional by the end of October (I wish) – LOL

What did you think of the musician Kamau Daáood? He’s quite a sax poet so I’ve ordered his book of poetry (The language of saxophones), and a bunch of Charles Mingus CD’s, there’s some great sax in there.

Anonymous

Hi jeff – great stuff! i even felt a poem coming on. lol

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.