Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Ain't No Sunshine – Mark Maxwell

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Mel
    Participant

Mel
      Participant

brother cavefish
        Participant

serious cool, where can one get this backing track

jak Swift
          Participant

Thanks Mel ; not heard this guy, will give a listen later…practice, practice, more practice….
            Just to touch on it; I’ve been using the Otto Link #8 again. I went back to a 6 or 90\95 tip.
            I let another guy have a blast on my setup…we went to music school together, he’s using a local studio. ” big air and lots of it “….was his comment.
            I agree, using the #8 is literally forcing me to pay attention to the diaphragm push. No chest pulls !!
            I’m gonna stick with the Link until the end of the year. I’ve said past I’ve always wanted to get ” link friendly “….all the greats have p!ayed them at some point. Yup ….I’m happy !!
            Might sound odd , but after all these years I still enjoy my long tones. Its my ” sax voice “, needs to be right….at all costs !!
            Bit of useless info.
            Dick Parry , longtime Floyd saxman used a Link #8 on ” Dark side ” also ” wish you were here “… He’s changed now, but yeah…me and ole Dick know best….lol !!

Mel
            Participant

Jak – I posted in other posts about Ernie Watts. He plays a #13 (.160 ) Florida Otto Link. He also put a wedge in it to keep the bottom from dropping too far out. He likes to blow a lot of air through his Keilwerth Sax. Amazing

jak Swift
              Participant

Yeah Mel 160…WOW !! I know a guy had a 165 Runyon, that worked out at a 17….
                I’m maxed out at my #8. Legend has it ( though where from who knows ) that 108 is the ” sweet ” spot for a link. Don’t have calipers , but yeah an 8 I’m real happy.
                Did you ever get your link Mel ?

jak Swift
                Participant

I did try a Berg 150 at Johnny Roadhouse music store. Even with the softest reeds I could barely get a sound…
                  A lot of it has to do with the shape of your oral cavity ( your mouth, jaw structure )….
                  Can’t take it away from Ernie and the boys though..chops of steel…
                  Mel, did you watch James Carter ” walk the dog ” in central park…??
                  If you go onto his you tube page, refresh once.
                  Can’t miss it , he’s got on this red suit.
                  Its an amazing clip…
                  JC IS A BADASS….AND HE KNOWS IT !! LOL !!
                  Big attitude, and rightly so, the most insane playing….
                  JF…You gotta check the clip man !!

Anonymous

Anonymous

Mel
                      Participant

Just watched the Carter You Tube Video. Great! I like watching guys blow when they use the circular blowing.

I still am using my Jody Jazz Hr* 6* (.095) It sounds good on my Selmer La Voix ii

I still have the jody jazz DV mouthpiece in the back of my mind. It will be a long while before I make a jump to metal if I do at all. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.