Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Baker Street Sax Eb Question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matthias WERT
    Participant

I’ve just purchased SaxEb sheet music of BakerStreet and I’ve a question. So far I translate notes into valve grip pattern (similar to guitar tabs) to then start practicing those patterns for eventually later on playing the entire song along by heart. So after learning the famous solo I want also play the remainder of the song however I’ve found it difficult to pick up the remaining melody by ear. Thus I’ve bought the sheet music. What I want to know is at which position e.g. indicated by page + line of Baker Street E Sheet music starts the sequence as played by Johnny Ferreira @ time stamp 0:40 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pWIUOjgUgE) ?

saxomonica
      Participant

Hi Matthias, Johnny changes to tenor sax for the melody passages after the intro riff so you won’t be able to get the deeper notes on your alto. In saying that I haven’t downloaded the sheet music to check it out yet so I may not be on the same page. I better get with the programme. Hey the tablature sounds really interesting, is this something you designed yourself? I too struggle to read music but if I could it would open up a new world. I guess perseverance furthers. Trust you can get this tune happening soon.

john
        Keymaster

Hi, no idea what the valve grip is but the Eb sheet music has the same notes as the Bb sheet music.
          on the video I just changed saxophones to make it more fun and interesting, also the sax line sounds better on alto because of the range. (at least in this original key)

so I really don’t understand this question:
          “What I want to know is at which position e.g. indicated by page + line of Baker Street E Sheet music starts the sequence as played by Johnny Ferreira @ time stamp 0:40 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pWIUOjgUgE) ?”

Please explain it so I can better answer you.
          thanks
          Johnny

Matthias WERT
          Participant

Hi

thank you for responding – so if you’re the one who played this great baker street cover I hope you can help me. Since I want to play the part of the song starting at 0:40 (min:sec) I would be glad if you would point me to the right line of the Eb sheet (since I am not able to find it myself).

Best Regards,
            Matthias

Simon
            Participant

0:40 is 4th line ( 11th bar)

Matthias WERT
              Participant

Hi Simon,
                thank you very much – this is what I wanted to know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.