Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video budicek

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

yeah i know, another boring classical upload,the timing on this one for me is a real killer, you have to start one count before the piano starts (2/4 time), and then to make matters worse, in bars 9 & 15, you have to hold the last note slightly longer, and if you end it timing it properly,the piano plays the last two bars without the sax. The people who dream up these pieces must like to torture players….

Anonymous

Boring? Hardly, as a fellow learner I like to hear issues of other people who are tackling the same problems I’m dealing with. I feel the quality of popular music is falling and without proper ‘classical standards’ it will only become worse. I had no idea Jazz was so technical! Keep up the good work sxpoet.

Anonymous

Thanks jeff, that is just a simple grade 1 piece, and i couldn’t play it straight off, in terms of being in time with the backing track.

Busy with other things, so i don’t have the luxury of spending several hours working on a piece, so i had to spend 10 minutes on it over 3 days, coming back the next day and spending another 10 mins working on it. The only good thing, i’m making a more conscious effort to get the timing right, rather than just playing it to enjoy hearing it, which is what i should do, once i can get the timing more better.

I’m not going for out and out perfection, it’s just at present my timing with backing tracks is very sloppy, could be due to the fact that i don’t perform in public.

Mel
          Participant

sxpet and jeff – you have been talking abut some good topics past couple weeks. Trying to catch up. I have been on the road doing my winter trek from Wisconsin {Frozen Tundra} to Florida.

Anonymous

Hi Mel,
              Jeff & me, are both trying to improve our playing, so expect more frequent uploads – any feed back will be welcome even if you aren’t familiar with the tunes. My main problems are sounding crap and being professionally out of time (takes a lot of skill that).

In fact, i reckon if i started up a band called ‘Time & Crap’ where we deliberately played out of time and sounded crap, we could start off a new revolution in playing,and generate a large following of fans, much to the disgust of bands that play in time and dont sound crap. (cuckoo land)

Anonymous

Hi Mel,
                heres a tune i shared with Jeff (autumn leaves), i think he had a go at playing it

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b00xoin3ysy0hev/AABkvnJpyjagYzxoZ44Ri5i0a?dl=0

Mel
                Participant

sxpoet and jeff- you guys are doing great! Don’t tell yourself you sound like crap. It’s amazing the videos you are putting up. Right now I am working with my teacher going thru the Basic Jazz Conception For Saxophone by Lennie Neihauss. I always get dinged for not giving notes their full value and timing.

Anonymous

Mel – compared to Johnny, i sound crap.

Mel
                    Participant

Johnny can definitely rock a sax!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.