Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone Can I Have This Dance

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jake
    Participant

Wrote this out and recorded it today. Just how I’m feeling at this time in my life. Feel free to critique. Thats how we improve!

RockinRobin
      Participant

Bravo. Graphics are great too. Two thumbs up for you.

jake
        Participant

Thank you!!

Mel
          Participant

Good one!

Mike Potter
            Participant

Nice Jake!

Anonymous

Well played Jake, the upper notes sound way better!! Hats off to you.

i’ve just started trying out recording with an xlr microphone, you have to be careful when moving the sax about when recording, too close and the mic starts to clip, too far away and you go soft. Turning sideways to the mic and it only picks up sound from the tone holes and not the bell. You can use different sax positions to your own advantage for different effects, but in general its best to stay in one place when recording with a mic.

well done, looking forward to hearing more stuff

jake
                Participant

Thank u James. Def a work in progress. And so you know. I am utilizing the practice and other tips you suggested!!! Glad there’s Improvement. Thanks again! Always open to suggestions! And yes. You are right. The mic can be a pain as I hear when I move as the volume increases and decreases so need to really pay attention. Good observation. Thanks again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.