Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire C'est La Vie, You Never Can Tell

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    William Cingolani
    Participant

Does any body know the sax improv parts to this Chuck Berry song, “C’est La Vie, You Never Can Tell?” I have the sheet music and I transposed it in various keys. It only uses two chords, the five chord and the one chord. Melody is easy. I can’t do those horn improv parts. They are not in the sheet music. I get close but no cigar.
      William

Dazza
      Participant

Hey William, It’s a geat tune but personally I prefer the Bob Seger version mainly cause it has more prominent sax parts. It seems real repetetive so probably not hard to get under the fingers. Would love the sheet music if there is some of way of sharing @ darren.boyan@gmail.com

William Cingolani
        Participant

Hi Dazza,
          I photographed the sheet music and sent it to by e-mail. Hope you get it. If any notes are blurry let me know and i’ll try to clear it up.
          William

Michael Bishop
          Participant

Hey William,

Is there any possibility you can e-mail me that sheet music too? That’s a great tune for sure..thanks! 🙂 baboon4215@gmail.com

William Cingolani
            Participant

Hi Michael,
              I sent the sheet music to C’est La Vie, You never can tell.
              William

Michael Bishop
              Participant

Got it William, thanks. By the way, William is one of my middle names, I have 2 middle names: William Neal, my full name is Michael William Neal Bishop…long name and I had nothing to do with that choice LOL
                I sent both you and Dazza the Tenor Sax lines to Bob Seger’s version of the song. Like Dazza said, I too tend to like Bob Seger’s Version of that song for the same reason. In fact, here’s a video of it below. Another one of Bob Seger’s that I really like is “Katmandu” cool solo in it! Have a listen to that one below too, I set the timer right before the solo. Great stuff to pick up and learn when we listen carefully to what they’re doing.

William Cingolani
                Participant

C’est la Vie

I’m sort of hooked on this C’est la vie music.

William Cingolani
                  Participant

Bob Seger does do it best. I’ll just have to learn these runs in A-flat

Blair Smith
                    Participant

Hey guys, if you are still around, i would love the sheet music for C’est la vie, and any other Seger tunes you might have blairsal@msn.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.