Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Dave from Ohio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Ward
    Participant

I’m new to the site but have played saxophone for about 25 years (although the last 10 I wouldn’t count since it was only demonstrating in lessons). Most of the lessons I teach were all beginners for saxophone (I teach piano and voice too). Recently, I had a student come in with great practice etiquette and we eventually got to dive into some jazz music. I quickly realized that I lost all my chops from not playing regularly and within a month I also realized I needed a new saxophone so I could focus on altissimo range. The tenor I had was just a little better then a student model.

So I now have a Cannonball Knight Series I bought from a college friend and I’m using all youtube has to offer (something I wish I had when I was a kid) and that’s how I came across Johnny. Fantastic youtube channel and really good at demonstrating growling into the horn. Eventually I was linked to this site and all its great sheet music and audio files. Can’t wait to work on some of these great songs!

Mel
      Participant

Welcome David! Johnny is awesome!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.