Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Emerald Isle

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

being half Irish, i had to have a go at trying the timing in this jig

apparently two of my great great relations in Ireland were piano teachers… lol
      When i was under 10 yrs old, i remember when i visited one of my Aunts in Ireland,
      in the evening someone played the piano, and every in the room was singing songs..those auld days ave gone.

john
      Keymaster

interesting…your Irish rythme is almost perfect! now you have to carry that good syncopation over to the pop and blues stuff.

Anonymous

Thanks – got a long way to go before i tackle harder stuff.

I still can’t get over, how versatile this guardala king mouthpiece is, in terms of playing different styles of music.

Mel
          Participant

Hey I have some Irish in my family background. Sounded good sxpoet!

john
            Keymaster

yes I was also going to mention that your tone has more projection and I kinda figured it was your guradala….it is very different from your other piece. not all alto players go for that tone but I like it.

Anonymous

Hi Mel – it’s a small world! lol

Hi Johnny, Strange the other mouthpiece was more in control of what sound i wanted to get out of it, which is very limiting. Whereas the guardala, on the other hand, gives me more control, so i could be all over the place sound wise (sounds insane), from one day to the next, it can sound different. Listening back to my guardala recordings, i couldn’t have achieved the same sound effects with the other mouthpiece.

The other thing i noticed, the guardala is very particular about what brand of reed and reed size you put on it, the mouthpiece seems to be more highly sensitive to the type of reed put on it. At this stage, i’m not sure where i’m going with this guardala sound wise.

john
                Keymaster

yes, I found that too…I hated Vandoren reeds until I put a java on the guardala when I first got it and it was great. but that same reed just didn’t do it for me on other pieces. we all need to experiment with this kinda stuff cause it can be very different for everyone

john
                  Keymaster

yes, I found that too…I hated Vandoren reeds until I put a java on the guardala when I first got it and it was great. but that same reed just didn’t do it for me on other pieces. we all need to experiment with this kinda stuff cause it can be very different for everyone

Anonymous

i might buy this ligature,
                      take out the metal plate and replace it with a reed plate.

http://www.sax.co.uk/vandoren-leather-ligatures-plastic-cap.ir

and see what it sounds like with reed on reed

Anonymous

swing low sweet chariot

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.