Home Forums Your Video from bad to worse

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  brother cavefish 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author

sxpoet
    Participant

ok-lets kick off the uploads

misty – tried to flutter tongue all the way through but lost it
    misty

and possibly my worst recording of playing along with the master of Whatd i say
    what

early days yet, another 10 yrs and i might be there – who knows.

Johnny
    Johnny
    Keymaster

actually you’re getting a good handle on the flutter tongue way to go, many can’t ever really grasp it.
    interesting choice of songs in which to practice the flutter to!
    I just started working on Misty, but with a very different tempo and groove….if it works out it’ll be my next upload.

sxpoet
    Participant

i love music, music is my drug, a good backing track and i can get high on it.

I need to learn to play those two tunes properly, when i get the chance, case of priorities.

i also want to try out your besame & Ipanema at later date, as i’ve got different versions. Looking forward to your version of misty.

the only reason i flutter tongued misty, is from my memory of clint eastwoods play misty for me film.

brother cavefish
    Participant

personally i dont know why one would even want to flutter the tongue, use your throat to vibratto

brother cavefish
    Participant

i would love to hear your version of misty , sick song, one os the best ballads, also do in a sentimental mood, another sweet slow tune, i love ballads, to me they are the epitomy of saxophone

Johnny
    Johnny
    Keymaster

you might not like my version so much cause I’m not doing it as a ballad

brother cavefish
    Participant

it is in the category of a ballad right,, your version what catagory would you bring it into

sxpoet
    Participant

I’d love to hear a reggae version of misty.

Johnny
    Johnny
    Keymaster

a reggae version would be interesting…I’m taking a similar approach to how King Curtis did it back in the 60’s.
    you can probably find the studio version on youtube….I would categorize it as R&B and Swing.
    don’t get me wrong, I love listening to guys like Stan Getz and Dexter Gordon play it that way but there’s a really cool driving force that works really well with this tune when done like the version I was talking about.

brother cavefish
    Participant

this is probably the best misty i have heard, low slow and sweet subtones

Pete
    Participant

90 plus years old

Johnny
    Johnny
    Keymaster

thanks BC, I have seen that one before, maybe someone else shared or I just stumbled upon him on youtube…the guy has a sweet sound. and so cool for a young guy to be listening to and inspired by the old classic players.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.