Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself G'day from Sydney

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rick Taylor
    Participant

G’day Johnny & team, Rick here from Sydney. Actually it is my son, Ralph (12) who is the talent, I’m just the manager / groupie.
      We saw the youtube video for “Johnny B Goode” and it blew our collective minds, simply awesome Johnny and Ralph is now massively motivated to add this to his play list.

How do you get that growl in the notes??? Is there a lesson on growling / distortion? Dam, that’s good!

Anyway, Ralph and his mate Josh are currently doing their Duke of Edinburgh award at school, part of which is community service. They have chosen to go busking to raise money for charity and so each weekend are out in the mall with Ralph on the tenor sax, Josh on the drums. They sound pretty good too and do a decent enough version of some Green Day tracks. Hawaii 5-0 is popular too.

He’ll be practicing Johnny B Goode this week though and Tequila as well. I’m not sure how they will sound with just drums and sax, I’ll let you know.

Thanks again Johnny, a really inspiring youtube vid!
      Rick (and Ralph)

john
      Keymaster

great to hear that a 12 year old is drawn to some old rock and roll!
        yes there is a lesson on how to growl.
        on my youtube channel there are 2 playlists, one contains all my song videos the other has my lesson vids and so you’ll find the growl one there within the lessons
        if you search youtube for that along with my name you’ll probably get it right away.

Rick Taylor
        Participant

Hi Johnny
          Thanks mate, the growling lesson worked a treat and now Ralph is making some dirty dirty notes all through Tequila. He loves it mate, it’s really given him a lift.

Your tutorials are really good, he picked it up straight away.

Anyway, just thought I’d let you know.

Cheers
          Rick

john
          Keymaster

Great Rick, maybe soon he’s want to make a little video of him playing it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.