Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire george_thorogood_airs

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by john.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    saxomonica
    Participant

G’day at Management, yo howz about a coupla George Thorogood lessons and video tutorial in the paid songs Department?
      A sure fire humdinger firecracker!
      Thanking you in anticipation.
      You beauty!
      🙂

john
      Keymaster

haha, sorry gotta pass on Thorogood. it’s already been brought up here in the forums and I don’t wanna get into it again.

saxomonica
        Participant

No worries, all good, there is a proper mean in all things, will give the backposts a squizz, moving on. Cheers all the while!

saxomonica
          Participant

A natura rei (L.), From the nature of the case.
            FYI Page 3 General Questions,
            Says @johnnysax:

yes, in 1986 during the Expo 86 exhibition in Vancouver. we (the Colin James Band) were invited to do the opening for him and his band in the Expo theatre.
            I was on stage during soundcheck in the afternoon and was standing by Hank Carter who was next to his sax on a stand. I introduced myself and asked him about something and he totally ignored me. went down to the seats front of the stage where Colin was sitting to watch the band do their soundcheck and as I was telling him what an asshole the sax player was, Thorogood’s stage manager came up to us and said George didn’t want anyone sitting in the theatre during their soundcheck.
            personally I can’t listen to his band. has a bit to do with that experience and that his whole sound and approach to music is by ripping off John Lee Hooker, who I love but from thorogood comes off as too stiff and lacking of a certain amount of soulfulness.
            (sorry Michael, probably not the answer you were expecting!)

saxomonica
            Participant

Antibarbarus (Late L.), a name applied to a collection of words and locutions to be avoided in the classical usage of a language.

Continuing, says @saxjohnny:

the Mark Twain quote is so true.
              Thorogood was our 1st time as an opening act for a well-known band but in 1989 and through the 90’s we toured with way bigger names than that (Stones, ZZ Top, Keith Richards, Robert Plant, Steve Ray Vaughn to name a few) and guess what….everyone of these people were great to hang around with, treated us like equals etc… Plant would come into our dressing room and have a beer and chat, same as Steve Ray but no beer!
              when I think about the “little People” like George I realize it’s them that are lacking big in confidence and the others like I mentioned act normal and give generously because they are very sure and confident of themselves.

Anonymous

sadly thats human behaviour, you get that in all walks of life and types of jobs, i’ve experienced that in my job but worse than that, where people have been verbally abusive and treat you like dog muck.

You even get similar sort of behaviour in forums, where you start a completely new post or question in the correct forum, and someone joins the forum later, and deliberately ignores your original post, and starts talking about something completely unrelated to your original post or question.

But you put up with it, as some folks think a forum is also a chat room, and feel free to do what they like, which they wouldn’t get away with in real life.

john
                Keymaster

well said!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.