Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Hatikvah and Mama Paquita

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

i am so loving this Guardala Alto King using a La Voz cane reed plate,
      played with a Filed Rico Select Jazz reed

Moderato timing classical piece

Quick timing Latin American rythmn

the Mama Paquita trips me up with the speed- just need a bit more practice

Anonymous

Hi sxpoet. Your recording setup is perfect now, very clear. Your tone on these two tunes is much better. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous

Hi Jeff,
          firstly, i haven’t changed the recording setup, i’m still using my i-touch, the only difference is i’m standing in a different place in relation to the i-touch. So it probably sounds clearer.

secondly, i’ve chamged the way i store my reeds when i’m not using them. Before i used to store the whole reed in liquids. Now i only keep 1cm of the reeds tip immersed in pure mouthwash.

thirdly, i’ve replaced the metal plate in my rovner VERSA ligature with a block of reed cut from a La Voz Reed.

It’s the changing the metal plate to a reed plate which has completely improved the tone on this Guardala Alto king mouthpiece.

There’s no need for me to buy a Jean Marc ligature, as its just the same principle. In fact my ligature is better than the Jean Marc, as i can experiment by trying out different types of wood in my ligature, or even a bit of rubber cut from a bicycle inner tube. lol

Anonymous

another classical piece, was a bit harder playing in time and holding the notes dynamically… more practice

Anonymous
              Mel
              Participant

She’s a beauty sxpoet!

Mel
                Participant

That’s some fast playing on Mama Paquita.

Anonymous

Thanks Mel,

Thanks for the feedback, if you win the lottery, please buy me one!

I’m still having real issues in playing in time with backing tracks. Most of Johnny’s backing tracks i can’t play in time, a lot of them i can’t play at all.

So what i’m having to do, is back track and go over past grade work tracks and get them in time, build up some steam, then hopefully i can improve my standard of playing, when it comes to playing Johnny’s stuff.

For me currently, it’s a waste of time taking a difficult song and working on it a few bars at a time to master it, that’s not solving my timing issues for playing other songs.

if i can’t play simple tunes in time with a backing track, its a bit pointless working on harder songs.

I wish more people would make the effort to upload, not just to hear how they sound, but also to hear what the various bit and pieces of the sax they rave about that makes their playing sound a lot better.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.