Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Hello folks from France

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello folks,
    I live in France, in Paris suburb, and my native langage is French so be comprehensive with my english !
    I’m 66 old and retired for 4 years and discovered Johnny’s website some months ago. Thanks to youtube subtitles, Johnny become understandable for me. (except videos not on Youtube on which I have to rewind, rewind…), so I subscribed to Premium Access !!!!!
    I have been learning saxophone on a YAS280 for 9 months with a teacher and I appreciate à lot Johnny’s videos and advices. They are complementary to my teacher lessons.
    I work at the moment on (easy) Jazz standards and love to play on play-along tracks.
    I’m often away from home and I bought a French curved Soprano (but made in China…), easy to carry, to continue training outside home.
    More difficult to play, but saxo fingering…
    Happy to join Johnny’s school !!!!!!!

Pete
    Participant

Hi Christian
      Welcome to this brilliant site.

saxomonica
      Participant

Yo Christian,
        Welcome, the better day the better the deed. Shine on.
        Bonnes nouvelles adoucissent le sang / good news sweetens the blood.
        Bon voyage !

john
        Keymaster

Hi Christian, thanks for your message. It’s nice to know that the language barrier isn’t too bad and a decend work around is possible with today’s technology.

Talking a soprano on the road is a great idea….for conviniance and practicing on soprano will have other bennefits since the intonation is more difficult.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.