Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself hi again

• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

rejoining again after a long break…sxpoet

Mel
      Participant

Hey saxpoet – glad you are back on the forums. Always like your inputs!

Simon
        Participant

Welcome back

Anonymous

thanks.
            trying to play ‘aint no sunshine’ in time with the backing track, on my Alto.

Most of Johnny’s recordings are on Tenor, would be a lot easier if i was playing along on a Tenor, i could then hear the tenor sax in line with the backing track. However, playing alto in a different key to the tenor makes it a lot harder (for me anyway – probably not for other experienced alto players) to hear in time.

Problem, is i’m used to playing from alto music cd/books, where i can play my alto in time with the alto player or listen to the track and hear the alto player in time with the music sheet, which gives me a better feel for being in time.

Hope to get over this hurdle and try and upload some of Johnny’s tracks.

stay safe…

saxomonica
            Participant

Welcome home, James !! 🙂

Anonymous

been away so long i hardly recognised this place, gee its good to be back home…

lol

john
                Keymaster

ya good one JB…rock on!

RockinRobin
                  Participant

HEY HEY HEY SXPOET. I was just thinking about you. Welcome back. Woodwind just notified me that my eSax mute system has been shipped. I can blow hard and loud and the household won’t be bothered

Anonymous

Well done @RockinRobin, thats eSax mute sounds like it does what it says on the can…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.