Home Forums Introduce Yourself Hi from Australia

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Jose Luis Hinojosa 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Bernie Day
    Participant

I have literally just picked up the sax about a week ago love it , I bought a beat up old yamaha 23 alto from ebay
    Anyway found this site and i reckon its pretty good , Have booked a few lessons from a sax teacher locally
    So anyway hello from Australia

saxomonica
    Participant

Hiya @bernie + welcome, cobber! 🙂

mambo_machine
    Participant

G’day mate – I am also from Sydney, Australia. My first sax was a Yamaha YAS-23 just like yours. Awesome sax to start with but sooner or later .. you may find yourself moving to the dark side … that is .. to a tenor. Welcome to this awesome site. You will find lots of help here, and Johnny is very helpful. You should join the Premium access. It costs peanuts compared to a private tutor and there are full on basic to advanced courses. Highly recommended and I am not paid to say that! Good luck! Dave

Johnny
    Johnny
    Keymaster

Bernie, you did well with your horn of choice and especially to get with an actual sax teacher. this helps to ensure you don’t start off with some bad habits.

saxomonica
    Participant

William Cingolani
    Participant

Ay. Mate, one of me favorite melodies, Waltzing me Tilda.

Bernie Day
    Participant

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone , Waltzing matilda hey sounds good

Marshall Rushford
    Participant

And a g’day from Melbourne lads. Marshall

Mike Potter
    Participant

Hey Bernie, alto sax, land down under, you’re gonna be a star!

Dennis Clover
    Participant

Good day, Mate!
    (did i use it correctly?)

always want to use this greeting!

Jose Luis Hinojosa
    Participant

Welcome to the group, Bernie!
    Enjoy your new sax journey. I also recommend joining the premium membership- it’s a great opportunity to maximize your learning curve at minimal cost. I’ve been a premium member for 5 months now and I love it!
    José Luis

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.