Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Hi got ather sax itz called a "Walburg".

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    saxomonica
    Participant

Just got a Walburg sax, i cant find any info on the net about it. Heard of them? Also it has been in a box for 15 yrs, the top notes Left hand play ok but all the bass’ are warbling outta key. Shall i spray the key links with WD 40 or silicone spray? What the blazes is trumpet oil? Clean the pads with something? Rather try to get it going myself rather than pay a shop, say, so any tips appreciated, seems good just to have another sax anyways, cheers

john
      Keymaster

no haven’t heard of that make. sax repair is not at the top of my expertise but WD-40 doesn’t sound right to me for a sax. trumpet oil is valve oil which lubricates the valves. 15 years in a box….probably pads are all dried out and you’ll need new ones.

saxomonica
        Participant

Hey thanks Johnny, will try sewing machine oil instead and get a pad kit off Ebay and give it a a swing. Should be a fun learning experience 🙂

saxomonica
          Participant

Maybe i got meself a Walmart Special sax? Anyways here’s some vids i found the first one pretty interesting, although starts slow, about 15 mins in talks about neck bends pertaining to how Johnny has told us to hold the sax under the arm to save later bills. Also some stuff on neck seal leaks etc. Good links on this vid.
            The last of the series is easy neck least tester which might be interestin’ to see. Anyone got any other vid recomendations? Cheers

john
            Keymaster

Road trip. Maybe a trip to the repair shop for an assessment

saxomonica
              Participant

Great advice, thanking you, William.

“Let’s Stick Together”
                “The Beat Goes On”
                🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.