Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video How about some George Thorogood and The Destroyers

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

Looks like he’s playing a Jody Espina. I had one once. Man, I didn’t sound like that !!

Mel
      Participant

Hank “Hurricane” Carter played with Thorogood for 23 years. I wonder why he left the band? Buddy leach took over for him.

Mel

jak Swift
        Participant

I really have no idea Mel. Possibly just getting older. Its a very physical thing hard R&R tenor and can take its toll. My back is totally shot. When I get another bari I’ll have to sit and use a jiffy stand ( a clamp and stand combined ). They are real expensive for a good one but your angles need to be spot on. Dunno Mel , hopefully for all the right reasons and he’s happy growing dental floss in Montana !!

jak Swift
          Participant

Feeling strangely positive about the tenor trade. Its on its way after a four day delay. The guys still very cool and calm…all good. Keep y’ all posted. I’m really into slide guitar. Ry Cooder, slow improvisations. I’ve borrowed the strat the Peavey combo. I’m a guitar hero for a day or two. Seriously, I took the slide to an Eb guitar backing tack on you tube. I approach it without any criticism, its not what I do. It sounded great, I might well keep it up….a bit !!
            Those backing tracks. Some are pretty good.

Mel
            Participant

Bad To The Bone

jak Swift
              Participant

Not available in the UK !! Weird.

Mel
                Participant

Going to see George and The Destroyers this coming Saturday.

jak Swift
                  Participant

That is the greatest rock & roll song !!
                    This Saturday Mel ?? Yeah !!!!!☺
                    Think its been a while since he came to the UK.
                    Any idea who’s replacing Hank ? Is he back….still gone ? Have to do a last coupla hours, can’t put this bari down today. Gotta finish with some overtones; altissimo stuff. Got a band rehearsal tomorrow ( if nobody cancels !! ). So , bari down, tenorsax up. See y, all later….😉

Mel
                    Participant

I believe Buddy Leach is still the saxophone player now. I like the first song on this post I Drink Alone. Some good growling.

jak Swift
                      Participant

I drink alone is a great tune Mel, just so darn sleazy !! Glad your about. I just got a coupla mails off of Joel C Peskin at ” retro revival ” mpcs. The first showed his new site. Its their first anniversary. Its based obviously on reproducing the golden mpcs. Sonny’s link. Phil Woods Meyer and on. To go with each promo there is a clip. Turpentine, Fathead. If you are on the ” retro ” mailing list, you will have got one. Each clip is stunning… You’ll enjoy them. Thanks again for all your time and effort loading these tunes. Between these and JFs backing tracks, I’d be long since tired of my rambling on. That’s the thing though, were moving forward, finding players old and new.
                        Not like another place I could mention, where they argue bitterly over the color of dexters shoes…😇

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.