Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire I Heard it through the Grapevine

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RockinRobin
    Participant

Thanks Johnny
      This is a great song I downloaded the the harder version. I count it out, hum along, think of the lyrics as I hum through the notes and frases (the notes that are tied together). I’m trying to memorize it. The song rocks

RockinRobin
      Participant

Looks like “I heard it through the grapevine” is in the key of F minor. the music is divided into 12 bars and 8 bars, and some smaller divisions for the short solos. Is this music a type of blues? Sounds like a motown rhythm and blues

saxomonica
        Participant

Well spotted William 🙂 it’s good to find a pattern in a tune.
          i hope you get a good handle on it and it forms a big part of your rep.
          i’m thinking it sure has the Motown ring to it. i’d like to know more about the bar set up too …
          will try this song to soon. Found the tute below on line, i like how the bar thru the staff keeps time …

john
          Keymaster

yes the tune is in F minor if you’re referring to my version and tenor chart, which is Eb minor concert (Gayes original key).
            the one from above video is also in F minor for the tenor but the guy wrote the wrong key signature…he has 2 sharps which is B minor!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.