Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Registration or Download Issues In the Mood blocked on youtube?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jazz Cat
    Participant

Hi – I see “in the mood” was blocked on youtube; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMYtMmoJo1M “This video previously contained a copyrighted audio track. Due to a claim by a copyright holder, the audio track has been muted. ” … so it looks like I can’t use this bg track on youtube; is that correct? Hopefully that doesn’t happen to other tracks, too… any thoughts? thx…

john
      Keymaster

Just watch and listen to it on my site here:

In The Mood Saxophone Music and Backing Track

or on Vimeo here:

Copyright companies have software on Youtube that alerts them when one of their pieces of music is being used.
        Youtube sends you a notice and then we check a box that says to them it’s my own version and recording of this song, not actually any part of the original recording. Youtube then can keep it up with no problems…this particular case they muted it which has never happened before. I can probably take steps to fight and fix this but I don’t have the time and energy and I have it played on the other websites so it doesn’t matter.

William Cingolani
        Participant

Ya Jazz cat. Last night I thought about vimeo. I clicked on youtube policies and IN THE MOOD was good to go. I like vimeo better anyway. Go Johnny Go

Jazz Cat
          Participant

thanks guys; right re it shows as cleared/ok on https://www.youtube.com/music_policies so odd it got muted; thx Johnny for vimeo link

john
            Keymaster

they just care about money, not art or people sharing stuff just money. youtube is by far the largest video site so that’s where their interest lies. they’re not searching for audio on Vimeo or Dailymotion etc just youtube.
              these copyright companies think that someone is making money from music they ripped someone off in the first place for (in most cases from real writers and artists) and so they either agree to share ad revenue or in this case simply mute the audio. I have no time, fear or respect for them.

Michael Bishop
              Participant

Youtube is getting ridiculous to say the least. Several Sax playing friends are just getting fed up with it. I have a new website on fly fishing for bass and I wanted to use popular songs from groups like the Rolling Stones, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, etc. for different videos–can’t use any of it without getting copyright strikes. I had to purchase music from a guy I found who provided me a license certificate just in case I do get a copyright strike. He was telling me that in April of this year, for people who do want to monetize their videos, youtube now requires at least 10,000 views on their channel before their eligible for monetizing videos, but you have to be approved for google Adsense first, and you can’t even get that without having at least 1,000 subscribers! Most Saxophone players aren’t even interested in any of that stuff–they just want to share their music with everyone.

William Cingolani
                Participant

I made a music video and I’m trying to post it. Guess I’ll try Vimeo

William Cingolani
                  Participant

I tried to post my music video but it would not post

William Cingolani
                    Participant

William Cingolani
                      Participant

I was finally got it posted..”Have I Told You Lately”.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.