Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Improvisation interesting improvisation demo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

john
      Keymaster

interesting angle/concept. great lesson! If anyone tries it Let me know if it’s helpful.

saxomonica
        Participant

Top shelf, sxpoet!!! You bloody beauty, bonza mate. You are the man. I will raise you two rubber chickens for just another slice of extraneous variables!! Cheers

Itsa tasty piece ‘a supreme musical offering!! It’s got the worx!! Yummo… Razor sharp. Occam, occam, occam! Oy, oy, oy!!

Ooh yeah give it to me, baby! 🙂

How come youse saxophone players have such scintillating insight and grass roots common sense outlook – and, why can’t the world help us out in likewise enlightening fashion? Creative visulization – and association – sticks and it is immensely helpful, saxjohnny.

Dough!! As a beginner this sure smacks me around the chops like a slimy one eyed cat peepin’ in a fish store and the reek will carry me through until next week. Watz up pussy cat, oh wow ow wow ow.

This video is presented in an up beat, funky, tight fashion and offered up in fine style that sticks deep in the belly. Y’know like stuck in the craw of your throat and deep in the gut. There’s a lot to initially digest. More feedback later … One will never be the same again!! Or walk past a Pizza Shop without hearing bells and whistles.

Thanking you most kindly for sharing! Gotta run and put the oven on. C’mon down in my kitchen.
          Later ‘eh;
          All the best

Errata. If me brains had any critical judgement left over on the pizza plate of thangs, sxpoet, they’d might be heard to utter from the crumbs, Posi entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem (Latin), entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity.

[Occam’s Razor or Law of Parsimony; that is, that arguments which do not introduce extraneous variables are to be preferred in logical argumentation.]

Anonymous

I found the video really helpful. You get to step away from the instrument and actually hear how the sounds interact with each other, rather than just relying totally on someone saying what will happen soundwise.

It’s the equivalent of sticking on a loop for one chord, and trying out every key in the scale, to hear what it sounds like against the chord, before you confuse yourself by playing a bunch of notes with the chord, gives you more time to think where you might go with the 2nd note in the chord and 3rd note ..etc..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.