Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself introduction: Hello from Germany

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Martin Haensel
    Participant

Hello from Germany
      I’m Martin and I’m playing the sax since 6th nov 2014 (check out the date, could be interesting! how knows why?)
      46 years old now, playing in a small local traditional wind orchestra, but also sometimes together with some guitar players, just for fun.
      learning slowly but continously 😉 my music backround has been sleeping for 25 years, i was long time ago a quite good player on the ‘Zither’
      which is a very traditonal instrument in Germany.

found many Yideos from Johnny, whatched them and thinking, I should download…and practise..
      and now started testing out with a first song to check how that works for me..

best regards from Germany (frankonian area, if someone might be interested in.. 😉 )

Martin

(alto sax , Jupiter 769RB main intrument and tenor: Yani T-902 as second, started last year.)

jak Swift
      Participant

Hi Martin. Welcome to the best sax site there is.
        Started last year….? Fasten your seat belt and enjoy the ride !! Best from Liverpool UK….Jak

jak Swift
        Participant

And the Frankonian area is where ?

Martin Haensel
          Participant

hey Jak I started just with tenor last year.. the alto since that (graet luck for that date) 6th nov. 2014

the franconian area is the noth part of the bavaraian area within Germany
            I’m located here: https://www.google.de/maps/place/Effeltrich/@49.6638051,11.0883856,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x47a1f0b0a20f240b:0x41eda32beb5de00!8m2!3d49.6593469!4d11.0940762

regards
            martin

Simon
            Participant

Hi Martin, welcome to club:). I’m also from Europe. And started with tenor sax 10 months ago. i’m 40 years old. Never too old to start playing sax and having fun:))

Simon

jak Swift
              Participant

Martin, I have only passed through Bavaria, but the landscape is remarkably beautiful. Lived in Hamburg for a time, and was once lucky enough to play in Koln cathedral many years back.
                I know you have only just begun your journey; may I wish you every success. Johnny’s courses are fantastic. If ever I can be of help, please don’t hesitate to send me a private message….☺

Mel
                Participant

Welcome Martin! Hope you enjoy the journey!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.