Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Johnny playing Sax live, playing Oct.24th-just 2 days ago

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Johnny sure seems to be such a busy guy with the Saxophone. The fellow on youtube by the name of Marty Kramer enjoys posting live Saxophone performances of Johnny–he uploaded several of them–and he posted this one on the 24th, just 2 days ago. It’s a Don Adams Tribute. Can’t help but notice how smooth/full Johnny’s tone is, very nice to say the least I guess that’s what playing the Sax for 40+ years will get you 🙂

john
      Keymaster

Marty Kramer is my tour manager and our friend don Adams passed away from cancer last week right after our tour started and so we recorded the video to be included at a celebration of live event which we cannot attent

The show were doing is “the class of ’59” and is about the music of buddy holly the big bopper jerry Lee Lewis and others

I open the show with “tequila”
        And later am also featured playing “honky tonk”
        Marty may record some of this and post it eventually

Michael Bishop
        Participant

So sorry to hear about your friend Johnny, I think this was a very thoughtful and beautiful thing you guys did for him, very nice 🙂

Jazz Cat
          Participant

good job…on a side note, that’s what I like best here is learning from you, you’re a real gigging/pro horn player…a rarity; not much educational videos/sites from a working pro musician (vs amateurs); thx for keeping it real. likely it’s a time management challenge.

William Cingolani
            Participant

What a treat. Very very glad to see and hear Johnny and the band.
              William

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.