Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Last Date

• This topic has 14 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by john.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

Hey guys, glad to hear some of the email responses to Last date.
      For me, it wasn’t a huge well-known song as some of the ones I do.
      But like many, I had heard it and when it plays it really makes you notice.

I was on a rock & roll tour a while ago and the piano player just started plying it in the middle of our set
      and it really hit me….so soulful, so melodic so cool.
      i checked out Floyd Cramer and was really impressed.

Anyway, happy I added it to the list and really enjoyed learning and recording it.
      Also, gotta mention how many musical genres it crossed. you have to respect a song that does that because
      it’s a rare thing.

RockinRobin
      Participant

Ya, Floyd Crammer was the piano man during the Elvis Years, Thanks for sending Last Date to me. Today, Feb. 3 “Last Date” is still not on my Repertoire page. “Imagine” is the last song on my repertoire page. But i now have the sheet music and backing tracks. Thanks Johnny

RockinRobin
        Participant

I like “Last Date” and I like to take it up two half steps to the Key of A major just by looking at the notes in G major and thinking two half steps up to A major. I suppose I prefer to play low D instead of low C.

James Buckley
          Participant

Hi Johnny the Last Date is not showing up where I can download either. I can watch your video but that is it.
            Thanks really enjoy your version.
            Jim Buckley

James Buckley
            Participant

Hi again, sorry for the earlier post. After filling out the request for the songs they were sent immediately to my email.
              Thank you excellent service.
              Jim Buckley

Gary Deripaska
              Participant

Thank you Johnny, Love this song Pretty much have it committed to memory now, working on the rif that you do at the end. AWESOME !!!!!!

RockinRobin
                Participant

James Buckley; Last Date never showed up on my repertoire page either. Johnny had to send it to me.

john
                  Keymaster

well, that’s weird because I uploaded it next to Imagine and it’s showing on my page….I wonder if you’re looking at an old cached page fro your browser…try refreshing maybe.

john
                    Keymaster

great Gary, ya I got that lick off a jazz player many years ago because it stood out and I’ve never forgotten it. Try to incorporate it when I can. you’ll have to commit it to memory to be able to play it fast and smooth tho!

Michael Bishop
                      Participant

Hey Johnny–yes, that song ‘Last Date’ was really nice on the Saxophone 🙂 I had never heard of that song, really cool of you to make a Sax cover for it–well suited for the Saxophone 🙂 I love the sound you get with the Guardala Carbon Fiber MP and the reed to go with it; nice, fat, full sound.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.