Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Lee Allen "Tic Toc"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Here’s a really cool tune called “Tic Toc” with Lee Allen playing Sax…his playing is a great example of how playing simple, clean licks/riffs sound so good 🙂 Our playing doesn’t have to be technical/complicated for it to sound good, it’s usually best to take a simple approach to our playing. Lee Allen’s playing is a good example of that, nice licks/riffs he’s playing here 🙂

john
      Keymaster

ya he had a feel for this stuff 2nd to none.
        speaking of which, the band’s groove is what original, real rock and roll was about… it rocks AND it rolls at the same time. people don’t play like that anymore.
        there are always a few modern exceptions like NRBQ and The Rolling Stones but the roll has definately left the rock!

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Man, that is the truth…it’s funny you mention that because about a month ago I got into a conversation with someone my wife works with who used to be on a band and he wanted to know what kind of music I like to play on Saxophone and I mentioned to him what I like…he was wondering how is it someone as ‘young’ as me knows about Junior Walker, King Curtis, Boots Randolph, etc.? He thought right away I was going to say stuff like Justin Bieber LOL (did I even spell his name right?)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.