Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire “Let It Be”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    RockinRobin
    Participant

Around 1997 I bought some sheet music in C major for piano vocal and guitar. It was “Let It Be” by John Lennon and Paul McCartney in a green cover. I was living in St Louis Missouri at the time. So while the ladies were down stairs playing Bridge I was up stairs playing “Let It Be” on an old tenor sax. In my Bb music book the music is in D major. Thank you Johnny for the music, so let it rip
      William

saxomonica
      Participant

Hi William. Thank you for your post. Rip on. “Let it Be” would be in the top 25 of anybody’s all time best songs list for sure! John certainly has done a great air for us to learn. Ya. Currently i am not a Premium Member to gain on-line access to this tune but am sure to address the error of my ways very soon. Yes. Just working through some earlier songs and pdf book “Killer Blues” again to catch up. 🙂

Actually i find it really hard to read any music staff, probably have a severe case of horizontal dyxlesia. Like when i see a note on the music staff i have to say in my head, oh yeah that’s a ‘g’, right Then put my fingers there, it so hard to connect the old brainbox up!
        It is killing my progress. All the while my ear is on the improve.

Anywayz. Lately i have drawn my own staff where i separate the lines into different groups. With big spaces between them, and, then some grouped ,,
        Like, for the sake of example, from octave D down. d = space. bag – space – fed etc.
        Can try to post a pic if interested? c and f are big spaces there …
        Also most importantly i number the staff lines to match my fingers and connect up[ the brain, so 0 = c#. 1/2 =c.

Then b=1, Bb = 1* a = 2, g# = 3* g = 3, —- f = 4 f# = 5/2, e = 5= Eb =6#, d = 6 c# = 7###, C = 7, b =7##, Bb = 7#
        Above d with octave key, i use the same system as above, but with an apostrophe to mark the next octave.
        If you look at those higher notes it makes a mirror flip from this tabulature.
        Clear as mud!? But it does kinda engage the brain and makes it connect easier.
        I confess i got this finger numbering idea from watching some Sir Valorsax videos on Youtube.
        Hope it may help someone else out … or get them thinking how to read music.
        It is the connection between the synapsaes that gets me. Endless hours of reading and practicing music haven’t helped.
        This method has worked for me. Given i am rather a peculiar fella ‘though …

I first learnt “Let it Be” on my GC Button Accordion back in 2006, transposed from harmonica, that is using Harpin’ and Whinin’ website by Mark Purintun.

https://harpinanawhinin.com/Tabs/beatles_tabs/let_it_be.htm

What’s everybody else’s connection being to this particular song? Please tell.
        Do you have problems reading music? And come up with a solution that you can share?
        Just wonderin’
        All the best!
        Cheers
        Mark

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.