Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Lily was here?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Scott Gumbiner
    Participant

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for everything you have done.

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post, but have you considered doing a backing track and sheet music for “Lily was here”, the Candy Dulfer version?

Thanks,

Scott

john
      Keymaster

yes I have. it’s actually a very difficult one to play…if you copy her solo.
        it’s for that reason I have hesitated…most of the members and students here wouldn’t be able to play it.
        But that doesn’t mean I won’t do it…probably will do my own take and make it more accessible for most to be able to play it.

You can probably find her solo for that tune online. If you do have a look at it, you’ll see what I mean.
        Great tune tho!

RockinRobin
        Participant

Scott,
          I have the music to “Lily Was Here” key signature A major for tenor or F# minor.Notes like high F# I can’t get to fast enough. The backing track in in concert E Minor. Lowering it to E minor for tenor might make it easier to play. That would put the concert backing track in D minor. Like Johnny said, It’s a tough one but a good one

RockinRobin
          Participant

Scott I was sight reading “Lilly Was Here” transposing the notes to E minor (key signature G major) and E minor for tenor sax would be easier to play

Mel
            Participant

Here is a great version with Dave Stewart playing acoustic guitar with Candy.

RockinRobin
              Participant

Thanks Mel. Something to keep me busy

RockinRobin
                Participant

Mel
                  Participant

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.