Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Little Richard Slippin' and Slidin' Sax Solo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Super-cool Sax solo! Big Tone, simple note choices, great articulation 🙂 This stuff is a blast to hear, can listen to it all day 🙂 That would have been great to see Little Richard perform live!

saxomonica
      Participant

Yo @Michael howz about that! Way cool. Love to have seen LR and Lee Allen meself.
        Letz get the DeLorean. Ya reckon??
        Groove under the sea party too. YO. With KC!! No Sunshine band. Great training. If ya know wot i mean?

Hey do you mind me asking – just how do you get the You Tube vid to start on the time you require??
        Thanx mate.
        🙂

Good clip here:
        This guy is good methinks. I like him. Actually – i love him. Groovy. Gave him a thumbs up. Stella.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

@ Saxmonica In terms of setting the timer on a video–when you click the ‘share’ button, there should be a little box that appears that says ‘start at’ and it will show the timer on the video. Click on the little box and it’ll set the video from the time you want to share it. Yeah, that’s a great song for the Saxophone for sure 🙂

saxomonica
          Participant

You beauty @Michael – you are surrounded by good karma and #morays 🙂
            Thanks ever so much.

@ItGrowsAsItGoes

🙂

john
            Keymaster

ya that’s Lee Allen on Slippin’ & slidin’ For those who aren’t familiar….
              he was on most of Little Richards records that were recorded in the 50’s.
              he was also one of the main guys in Fats Dominoe’s band.
              he had quite a name because of his own records too, especially since one of his tune was played regularily on American Bandstand (Walkin With Mr Lee)
              Later he recorded with the Stray Cats, and The Blasters (who he joined as a regular member, I met him at this point which was around 1989-90)
              he also did a few shows with The Rolling Stones….he definately had one of the best early rock and roll sax sounds.

brother cavefish
              Participant

lee allen has a sweet style , little richard is one of my favorites

brother cavefish
                Participant

you can say that again , he was one of the kings of R and R sax

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.