Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone Minute by Minute

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike Potter
    Participant

I came across a backing track on YouTube for Minute by Minute and thought I’d give it a try.

Minute

john
      Keymaster

never did like BG’s on backing tracks, but that’s besides the point…
        your mix was very good, and wow, what a solo…right on Mike!

Leo Salu
        Participant

Nice job as usual, was just like being at a small club and quietly enjoying the band…

Mike Potter
          Participant

Thanks guys, recording these tunes is pretty much the only thing keeping me sane right now! I didn’t care for the BG’s on the backing track either, and because of the vocals the checker at Soundcloud deleted the song for copyright violations. Soundclick isn’t as stringent I guess? Next week I have surgery to repair and abdominal hernia (bulging belly button) and I won’t be able to play for a couple weeks, that’s gonna suck. Oh well. I’ve got a couple more tunes I’ll work on till then, hopefully the recovery will be quick!!!

Pete
            Participant

Wish you well Mike.

Leo Salu
              Participant

Hi Mike, last November I had the same operation abdominal hernia tied in with gall bladder removal, at first
                on the way home (day surgery) it was ok but after all the drugs wore off ouch spent two weeks in the lazy boy, could
                not get into the bed definitely did not play the sax. The good news is it does finally heal and all is well with the
                world. By the way they will tell you not to lift anything over 20 lbs, follow that advice…..

john
                Keymaster

well that sucks Mike!
                  hopefully you can use the 2 weeks for other productive things.
                  I read in a John Coltrane biography he used to practice in hotel rooms really early in the morning without putting his mouth on the sax….just did finger exercises!

Mike Potter
                  Participant

Thanks Johnny, surgery went fine, I’m a little sore but no big deal, although I’m sure it’s going to be worse tomorrow! I’ll give that a go! The surgeon said I could probably do some light practicing within a week so that’s cool!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.