Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Mouthpiece, fiber carbon reeds, fiber carbon Onyx reeds

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RockinRobin
    Participant

Before I moved to Taos New Mexico I was blowing Medium fiber carbon Onyx reed with ease. After I arrived in Taos (two weeks away from the horn) I had to move to a medium soft reed. The medium reeds became a bit too stiff. Even after three months of blowing two to three hours a day every day the medium reeds were too stiff.Looks like after three months my embouchure would be back to where it was.

john
      Keymaster

I guess 2 weeks is a good amount of time….I’ve gone longer and felt it too. Not being able to play as long but didn’t feel the need to change down a strength.
        keep those mediums around even after they feel worn out cause they will be useful for time like this!

RockinRobin
        Participant

You bet. I’ll keep those mediums on hand. I’ve been blowing ‘Wave’ and Sinatra’s “Fly Me To The Moon” and Herb Alpert’s “Spanish Flea” among other things. Cheers

Craig Duckering
          Participant

Looking forward to getting my Fiberreeds in the mail tomorrow as well. William, I’m with you Fly Me To The Moon has been a fun one to play!

john
            Keymaster

Are you reading the easy or regular version of Fly Me?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.