Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax My Yagi Sax, Yanagisawa A-991B

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Bushman
    Participant

😮 This is my first Sax Alto. A beautiful instrument that I am learning so much about from Johnny’s videos and Forum folks. I do appreciate the forum inputs as it makes my confidence build knowing I am not the only newbie out there in Horn land 😮
      Take care,
      Vegi
      g9xwy-image.jpg
      jlu37-image.jpg

john
      Keymaster

that’s one awesome looking alto sax!

UU Pfister
        Participant

That’s a beauty and I bet it sounds brilliant too. Got the same sax stand.

Bushman
          Participant

It may be brilliant UU but this newbie ain’t quite there yet. Trying to get motivated …. Again 🙂

Michael Bishop
            Participant

I’ve heard great things about this line of Saxophones….that is one gorgeous looking Saxophone! Are you new to playing the Saxophone? It’s amazing how much progress we make by watching Johnny’s videos, taking input in from other members, going to the blog, and so on. They’re all great learning tools Johnny has added to this site, so good for you to make use of it all. What kind of Mouthpiece/reed set up are you using with this Saxophone?

UU Pfister
              Participant

Hi Vegi, it is easy to get motivated on this site. I’m new to playing the sax, just 3 month and a bit. I’m practicing the harlem nocturne at the moment (and the chromatic scale). There is a brilliant ska version of the harlem nocturne on you tube. So start practicing that super sax of yours 😀

Michael Bishop
                Participant

I know what you mean about getting motivated here on Johnny’s site…nice way to put it to! I’ll check out the version of Harlem Nocturne you mentioned….now that is one song I wish Johnny could release! What a killing Saxophone song. My favorite version of Harlem Nocturne is done by the Viscounts. I terms of practicing that super Sax; I just shared a new song of Johnny’s on the blog. I got ahead of the beat, just a little bit, because of getting caught up mentally in playing v.s. listening to the drummer in the backing track—at least you know it’s unedited by leaving my mistake! 🙂 On the other hand, it’s the first time I incorporate the Altissimo range into my playing and I have Johnny to thank for that……it really adds a lot to your playing!

john
                  Keymaster

I have a cd here with about 20 versions of Harlem Nocturn! I haven’t shared it yet cause I lost the inlet with the credits and so I can’t put the artist next to the recording but what I’ll do is put it up anyway and maybe we can figure out who’s who.
                    Will convert it ASAP and let you know when it’s up.

Michael Bishop
                    Participant

Awesome—-it would be SO fantastic if, at some point & if it’s worth your time, to make a release available to buy from you in your music selection….ain’t no way Karaoke is going to make as good of backing track as you with songs like this! Your stuff sounds so authentic, seems like you really take your time and put a lot of effort into your tracks. I can’t believe some of backing tracks people sell out there and others actually buy them?!?
                      Harlem Nocturne brings to my mind the movie “Christine” and we could pretty much put the sound from your playing into that original recording.This version by the Viscounts is my very favorite of all time.

john
                      Keymaster

Ya, we’ll have to see which is most people’s favorite, I’m a little busy today but maybe tomorrow I can get them up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.