Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces New lig !!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

Hi folks, hope everybody is feeling good…☺
      So, ligatures ?? Essential, but I’ve never got too stressed about them. Not over keen on Rovner types, IMO they can choke the reed a little. So; yeah; I went to buy my music stand….the store was open.
      I asked Richard for a little look in the box. It contains reedguards, old ligs, mpc caps…. etc. A ” Vandoren optimum lig for my Drake bari mpc….gold plated, was just sitting there. Richard consulted the list…the RRP was…CRAZY !!
      I got it for $50…!!
      Great start to the days playing. Looking forward hugely to listenining to the Greg Piccolo album tonight. As always, thanks to Mel and Jeff, our main providers of great tunes…..
      We need a new project guys…somebody new.
      See y,all later…☺

jak Swift
      Participant

There’s a guy from Brooklyn, plays with Billy Joel. Those great solos , especially ” New York State ( frame ? ) of mind “. Gotta get playing, but I think its Tony Delgradi ?? Similar, I’ll check later…

Mel
        Participant

Jak – about two weeks ago I got an Optimum Ligature for my Jody Jazz tenor mouthpiece. it just fits the HR* 6* I really like it a lot!

brother cavefish
          Participant

i have the BG DUO, in silver and rose gold, 3 point touch, very nice–i was pondering the JLV

Anonymous

Hi BC, would you please record a test track comparison between your different ligs, on the same sax and MP?

I would love to hear how they influence the tone of the MP.

jak Swift
              Participant

Evening everybody. Yeah, don’t usually get over enthusiastic about equipment. In saying that; I am grateful on a daily basis for all I have; I don’t need anything more. I have to confess to being proud of the fact that none of it has come easy. Had it once, lost it all : replaced it. Job done..!!
                But yeah, this lig in combo with the Drake ceramic is something. The price of a cheap horn for one …😯…
                Speaking of which: there is a Conn looking tenorsax on E bay right now. About fifteen hours left, and still less than $150. It has about twelve watchers. I’m going to watch the last hour action before I decide if I’m in the mood for a shot. Its on the first page…or was. Bell keys either side, lacquer almost gone. The guy says he’s played it from the off…we’ll see.
                Mel, great choice in the Jody Espina mpc. That guy .makes nice mpcs…very nice. #6 sounds comfortable, if you match it up with the best reeds. I’m sure you’ve done that.☺
                So…Friday night. Chocolate milk…Greg Piccolo album…yeah !!!

Mel
                Participant

Jak – hope you enjoyed the Piccolo album. With my 6* mouthpiece I like playing the Java Green 2.5 Reed. Nice highs and honking lows. I ordered a 3pk of the Rigotti Gold 2.5 Med and have been playing one of those this week and it sounds great also.

jak Swift
                  Participant

Mel, I did , thankyou. No real news folks. Band rehearsal was short but really moved. Guitar \ singer goes on Holiday end of this month and then some gigs…☺.
                    Never tried Rigotti Mel. Java #3 green are my cane reed of choice. Switched from LA voz after getting a full box of duds. Not some, half or most…the full box !!
                    I really can’t see myself ever switching from ” bari ” reeds, I’m so used to them now. Maybe if I had to do a ballad with a load of ” presence “… Yeah, I’d use a Java. Hope your well man; let’s see if there’s any new music clips….

jak Swift
                    Participant

Oh…I forgot about the horn on flea bag !! Just had a quick browse and couldn’t see it. No bad thing. The site: I just can’t trust it anymore. Its a shame. There’s great stuff to be had. A gold plate Rampone for three thousand pounds. Next to it…..the Hammerschmidt. The same one the guy tried to burn me on..!! Grrrr…
                      I sincerely hope nobody buys it. I kinda feel like I should do more. Do what though ? Go through the process of informing e bay..? The guy will just say…” Its been fixed ” or worse, blame me as he did last time for the re padding massacre..
                      Note to self. Stay off of E Bay !!😕

brother cavefish
                      Participant

what is flea bag, as far as eBay goes , i have had some great buys, and sells, i am selling a Mouthpiece cafe , Expresso right now,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.