Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Not what you think

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Mel
    Participant

If I go from a low note to a high note I tend to play the high note on the sharp side. So yes this exercise definitely helps. Also playing a low note and then playing the same note an octave higher helps also.

jak Swift
      Participant

Sxpoet, hope I haven’t butted into a conversation here, but…NICE !!
        Man, that’s some nice easy tone you have after four years did you say ? Great…
        I’m gonna go out on a limb as I don’t encroach on any of Johnnys teaching… But …
        If you are checking your intonation , an octave jump would be the obvious choice. If you use the 7 interval…. So in C..
        C to B
        D to C …and up…
        It really gives you that exact measure of how close you are. An octave is too easily ” bent into shape “…whatever works..
        Great to see you guys sharing a teacher, and again , NICE ONE SXPOET !!
        SOUNDING NICE & EASY MAN !!☺

Anonymous

Jak – nice one! Thanks for taking time out to give your advice.
          The current plan is spending the next year or so learning to play intervals 5th through to the 13th in terms of tuning pitch, so a few months down the line, when i start on the 7ths, i’ll be thinking about what you said!

Teacher says if i can stick to learning all this, my overall tuning (in my head) will improve when jumping around a tune on a music sheet, particularly if i can spot the intervals on the sheet and know in my mind what they ear like (bit of a tall order). Its pitch pitch pitch pitch pitch (not forgetting timing).

Oh no i feel a song coming on… pitch! pitch! pitch! that tune to me!

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.