Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Ordering the Guardala MP/Altissimo course this Thursday :) question about going through your link

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hi Johnny,
      So happy to see you releasing that fantastic Beatles Music, it sounds great! 🙂 I’m FINALLY getting to order a MBII Guardala for the Tenor on Thursday–so my question is regarding benefitting your website–simply go through the link here on your site and Amazon will be able to detect/know that I’m going through your links? How does Amazon know I went through your link here on the site without making any mention of it (those questions someone asks of “who referred you to us”)?
      I will also be paying for your Altissimo course on Thursday too–does the book on Amazon that you posted in the blog “Top Tones of the Saxophone” have any good info. that can help me that is NOT included on what you teach in your new Altissimo course? Was curious if it would be worth getting on Thursday when I get the Guardala. Thanks!

Michael Bishop
      Participant

Hi Johnny,
        I was going to on Thursday get the Guardala MBII Mouthpiece but not sure if they’re carrying them any more? I checked it out on Amazon and couldn’t find them. Simply by clicking on the link here on the site Amazon will know I went through your link? Will be getting on for the Altissimo Course on Thursday too 🙂
        That Beatles music is so, so good! Listening to those songs, doesn’t seem like they would be difficult to learn? Thanks!

john
        Keymaster

Hi Michael, ya I really enjoyed learning and putting together the Beatles stuff. Made me realize once again the genius of some of those guys and I know I’ll have to do more of their songs later But will finish off the last one very soon and move on to something else which I think you’re gonna love too.
          Anyway, you can get the Guardala pieces on Amazon. The way it works is you just click on the link on my Guardala MP article and it will take you directly to the Amazon page that has them. There is nothing more to do on your part to get them to know where you were sent ftrom…my site code is embedded on the link and their system will recognize it and credit me with sending you there automatically.
          Go to the Guardala article here:
          https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/guardala-mouthpieces

Michael Bishop
          Participant

I love the way you did “Yesterday” WOW–but the Watermelon man is still my favorite 😉 IMPORTANT QUESTION ABOUT GUARDALA MODELS: Amazon no longer has the MBII model available and it seems that Amazon isn’t the only ones who doesn’t have them anymore–So I’m looking at either the King Model or Studio Model. Isn’t the Studio Model a little bit more of a darker tone? If I’m more into Jazz (Watermelon Man, Puttin’ on the Ritz, Mack the Knife, etc.) Pop, 50’s rock, etc., would I then be better off going with the King model? I was thinking you owned a King Model and would have personal insights on it. (BTW: I have finished also “Rock Around the Clock”–including the Sax solo 🙂 will upload “Mack the Knife” this weekend as I’m replacing the webcam that broke on me) I’m thinking the Studio model may be too dark for finding a more-balanced sound for all this different kind of Music; seeing how MBII isn’t available anymore.

john
            Keymaster

Maybe they’ve stopped making the MB model I don’t know. I do own a King as well but I find them quite a bit different from each other and preffer the MB.
              I’ve never tried the Studio but know it is very close to the MB. The baffle and chamber of the Studio and MB are close to each other with the Studio being a medium chamber instead of a large which might work better for you because it will be slightly easier to play.
              So if you’re wondering between the King and Studio I think the Studio would be better for you – (very similar to the MB and probably even better than the MB for you).

Michael Bishop
              Participant

If the Studio is similar to the MBII then I’ll go with, as I was wondering which one between the 2 would be a closer to MB. If the chamber is a medium chamber then that’s the way I need to go too. (See how things happen for me, now that I’m getting a Guardala and they stop making the MB LOL They had it 6 weeks ago when I had the $ to get it before my wife’s accident. I did an intense google search and everyone is saying it’s no longer available. I found them on ebay, but it’s A LOT of $; not sure if I feel comfortable buying something like this ebay anyway; at least with Amazon you know you are getting what you pay for.
                I will upload “Mack the Knife” either this weekend or this coming week–depending on how much time I spend on the new Altissimo Course this weekend. I’m REALLY looking forward to, for starters, improving my tone 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.