Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Pick up the Pieces: 3 good videos

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jazz Cat
    Participant

thx Johnny for turning me on to this song w/your cover; you do a super job on it…here’s 3 more I’ve been watching a lot lately:

Jazz Cat
      Participant

great overall playing by Eric M, good to see Kenny G on tenor, and super altissimo alto in 3rd video

Anonymous

lol – thought you weren’t speaking to us?

Tim56
          Participant

All great!!! However,,,Eric and Tom, way out front! KG also right there! The Alto is OK,,, but when he switches to Tenor,,, Much better sound! Just saying! Incredible musicians!!!

jake
            Participant

Thanks for sharing but I’m with Tim here, Eric and Tom WAY out front to my ears! Much more upbeat too compared to KG. Love the 2 saxes back and forth. Nice to see a metal and HR mp in the same video. Both sound excellent!!
              Have never heard this tune before hearing it from Johnny. It is catchy and 1 I will be adding to the collection for sure!!

Jazz Cat
              Participant

here’s a few more good ones…. I’ll be making a video playing it too…before I do, I’ll a) watch a lot of videos like these over and over again, hours…til it’s ‘programmed’ in my mind…then b) practice solo a dozen+ times, then c) practice w/bg track, then d) do a video shoot… I print/look at sheet music and ‘air play’ the notes while watching videos on sofa, til it’s memorized… a lot of time preparing long before playing, for good results. just wish I could growl…grr lol

I never get tired of watching Candy D play alto 🙂

jake
                Participant

Hey there jazz cat. I loved the pink panther video. Can you share some of ur video secrets? How’d u do that and what kind of programs you use to do it? Thanks

Tim56
                  Participant

Hey guys,,, Candy is using a Winslow Lig!

Michael Bishop
                    Participant

Yeah, Candy is also using an Alto Sax that is a Selmer too…most of those famous, pro Sax players use the Selmers in conjunction with the Winslows–go check out the video I posted as a comment under “Koz-I like it!” post that a member started there; he’s using the exact model of Selmer Tenor that Johnny uses and a Winslow ligature too; seems like it was the standard thing for all those pro players.
                      I was gonna re-post sometime over this weekend my Blues Brothers Instrumental now that the Tuner shows everything is fine, but I have Johnny’s “Pick Up the Pieces” for Tenor done too and it includes the Altissimo in the solo…maybe I should upload Pick Up the Pieces instead? Funny thing was just a couple of hours ago my son and I were at a gas station putting gas and there was in the shelves a magazine that is published locally which deals with Politics…and I’m not kidding when I say this…the cover of the magazine showed a picture of one of the Members of the Arkansas Governor’s Cabinet with the words in big white letters “Pick Up the Pieces” on it LOL Maybe I should take that as a “sign”? 🙂 LOL that was hilarious to see in light of this post today.

paddy jordan
                      Participant

Tim it could be a saxxas Candys got there i got myself one for myself after you mentioned them before i think saying they were exact copy.Any way i cant compare the two as i have never played a winslow but the saxxas i got is fantastic.cheers Tim.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.