Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Playing by Ear

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by john.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

1st one just improvising to “Misty”

2nd one, playing blue moon by ear

john
      Keymaster

hey JB, you’re moving those fingers a lot faster these days,
        also your intonation has improved….good work. still holding back o volume tho, this may be because you’re improvising which is understandable but do try to practice blowing a whole lot more air…will help

Anonymous

Thanks Johnny, it’s the sign of a true gentleman and a great artist – when you take time out to comment on someone who just plays as a hobby.

I checked out a few recordings i did 6 yrs ago when i started learning the sax, and i noticed i had a hell of lot more blowing power, so it must be age thing.

john
          Keymaster

right, you might have but I think it’s about being able to control it, so down to technique

Anonymous

hey thanks again Johhny.

i’ve increased blowing with a lot more air, and yes, the quality of the sound is a lot fuller. The only problem is i now have to turn up the backing track volume to hear the backing track.

john
              Keymaster

good…turn everything up!
                I promise that if you practise louder for the next month you well have a better sound.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.