Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Tips Reeds

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Anonymous

interesting watching the end of the synthetic reed video, where all the reeds were played one after another, to my hearing the cane reed was light years ahead of the synthetic reeds, all the synthetic reeds sounded like plastic and false. still like he says all subjective to everyones taste

Anonymous

Thanks sxpoet, interesting video. There’s quite a variation in tone between these synthetic reeds. I’ll have to see what’s available locally.

Anonymous

After watching Parts 2, 3 and 4, i’m going to rewatch them later on, as some of the cane reeds, got my attention, so much so, i’m going to try out about 5 different types, as they fit in better with my sound and setup.

All the cane reeds, sounded different… and obviuosly if you can’t hear the difference, put some decent headphones, they are different. Different manufacturers have similar sounding reeds. But if you listen to one maufacturer, say vandoren – no two reeds sound the same. So i’m going to try out different manufacturer reeds similar sounding to my reed.

Again, its down to how bright or dark sounding or classical to jazz extreme sound that fits with the type of mouthpiece you use.

I can see why the classical players don’t rate the synthetic reed sound, as the synthetic does lean towards bright and jazzy, less clear and pure pitch.

Anonymous

I agree with you on their performance and checked local prices on synthetic reeds.
              For 30% more I can buy a box of ten Java reeds, so it doesn’t seem like a good idea for me.

brother cavefish
              Participant

yea and from what i have seen on demos, cane can not be imitated, i got a deal on a Onyx carbon, so i will try it but no more synthetic tries after that———- those reed reviews were very good , i could here complete differences , but the Vandoran line still kicks but

Mel
                Participant

yup… keep coming home to the Green and Red Javas

brother cavefish
                  Participant

yes sir

Anonymous

Java makes me smile

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.