Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax Show Us Your Sax

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    paul kelly
    Participant

Here is my Bauhaus Walstein TS.YD tenor the mouthpiece is a Yanagisawa number 8 the reed is a Rico Plasticover 2 1/2 people say that this is a bad sax not so it has a very good sound on it’s nice and deep great for blues. The Other sax I have is a Trevor James classic 2 alto and the mouthpiece is a Vandoren V16 A6 the reed is a Rico Plasticover 3.The reeds last a long time and sound very bright.The altissimo notes on both horns are easy to get. I do play flute as well so overtones are not that difficult.You just need lots of practise…. 😀 ps the ligature on my tenor is a francois Louis. the alto ligature is a rovner.
      [img]https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/8yapj-P1000291.JPG[/img]
      [img]https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/x23fa-P1000282.JPG[/img]

Michael Bishop
      Participant

Great looking Saxophone Saxmanmuppetone–very nice. I’m a big fan of big, deep blues tones that you play; so with that said I would love to see you upload something to the blog on Member’s videos-Part 4. You use the exact same ligature that I do for Tenor…..aren’t they awesome ligatures? Really helps to have a good, quality ligature to get that reed vibrating for sure. Nice to have you hear, look forward to seeing some videos from you. Cheers and good playing to you!

paul kelly
        Participant

Thank you Baboon just getting back in to playing after five years away, I will up load a video or two just as soon as my tone gets back to what it was.
          I have just got Johnny’s Killer Blues ebook, looks good will learn some thing from it and then post it this I think wiil help all on here. So keep playing and practicing. Hope you get the sound you want…and thanks Paul..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.