Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Slow morning !!

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

See ya later Bev….☺

Anonymous

Hi Jak. Hope you are doing well. I’ve been thinking about you quitting the forum.
        Why? There’s no cost to making a post or two every now and again.
        I love to visit on a regular basis to stay in touch with all things saxophonic.
        Cheers

jak Swift
        Participant

Jeff, hi man; that’s a real nice thing to say, thankyou !! Where to begin….
          I’m not the most confident person in the world for one. I tried the big forum and had a bad time. To be fair, I didn’t help myself. There is a hard core of maybe ten members on there. Unless they say ” jump “….its a question of waiting for a thousand others to say ” how high “. In short, if you disagree with this gang, you become a pariah, the whole place turns on you. That DOES NOT HAPPEN HERE !!
          Instead of doing the sensible thing and just walking away with a smile, I took on the whole crapshoot of a place….NOW !!…here’s the thing. I stood by my posts in my own name. Confident in my opinion. The number of PMS I got from members telling me ” how great it was to see A, B , & C…proved wrong. The fact somebody was prepared to stand up to this crazy hierarchy; my point I guess, is why didn’t they have my back in public.

I’m gonna finish there. I’ve had messages from Tim Price and the like , telling me ” I know your OK man, a decent guy “. I live for the playing of my horns. Any argument, hassle, I don’t brush it off. It hurts. If I’m wrong, I’ll apologise every time.
          Sometimes I’m wrong.

I don’t do things by halves. I don’t do anything much but play , listen and talk saxophones. I’m very lucky. I live in the hope that one day , I’ll get the break. The right person at the right time will hear me. Sometimes Jeff, as I say, I get things wrong. Leaving this forum was intended to ensure, I played more and more. No other reason. I realise now that would have been a mistake. Everybody needs a friend. The folk on here are 110% genuine, helpful….its a pleasure and an honour to be a part of it. Yup…we all need friends…..
          Safe & Happy day folks…. Jak

jak Swift
          Participant

jak Swift
            Participant

Had a few hours to think about that and yeah , that’s about the bones of it. I’m getting older, all I want is peace , quiet, good grooves, good vibes, good Karma. All good , as someone once said 😉

Anonymous

Hi Jak. I agree with your goals, I hope you find what you are looking for. People can hurt with what they say and sometimes we just misunderstand. When people start telling me to jump I like to sit down and think about it – LOL. As the Good Book says, “Who am I to judge another’s servant?” and “We should be satisfied from doing our own work.”
                I’ve just finished my Saturday practice, playing through all my transposed hymns. It’s nice to be able to play without concentrating too hard on the music. Cheers Jeff

jak Swift
                Participant

Great to hear a good days practice had Jeff. Thankyou for the posts, they mean a lot. I don’t follow a religion persay, but have respect for those that do. I think that’s about it…RESPECT !!
                  People , some people tend to blunder through life, leaving a wake of chaos and hurt. I think what I’ve come to understand is the fact they possibly don’t even know what they are doing.

I still have a coupla hours to do. Now I’m really getting results from this Otto Link, I’m terrified if I put the mpc down for more than a half hour my chops are going south…LOL !!☺
                  But yeah Jeff, if I stand a chance of success, real success, sadly social media is out. Firstly its of no use. I’m not selling anything but myself, I think the playing will take care of that. Anything that may get in the way of my peace of mind, stays at arms length. Sadly its an odd place !!

I have to do these last coupla hours, but just an example. The great Gary Bartz ?? Tore into me on FB…The period I had an account. Why ? Because I said I found Coltrane too mathematical. He quoted my life at me man.” If you don’t I like this, you have no understanding of music, are no player….blah…blah !! Right at the end of his fourteen posts, he decreed I was some kind of fool as I didn’t appreciate this great musical…” Scientist !!!! ”
                  What did I say ? Simple comment , ” too mathematical “… The great GB goes round the block eight times to come up with ” scientist “…..😊

Don’t get me wrong Jeff. For a while , yeah it bothered me. Turn the thing off…bothersome idiot gone !! I’m just so glad I stayed here. Sometimes I look at the forum headings and it seems my name is next to every category. Embarrassing ?? A little, but as long as y,all happy to have me around. It all…☺

jak Swift
                  Participant

Bit of a ramble ….nothing new. But the scientist \ mathematics thing ? He’s a jazz superstar….??
                    REPECT GB !!!

jak Swift
                    Participant

Anyway back to it. Saturday night, my dear Mom who I care for likes to watch ” celebrity baking on ice ” and such other nonsense. If your about Mel….😉
                      Oh yeah, check out Lee Thompson ska orchestra. Lee is the Tenor man from the band Madness. A total clown in the best of ways…but a monster player !!

Mel
                      Participant

Will definitely check out Lee this weekend. I have been listening to Von Freeman on Spotify. Amazing that he remained in Chicago his whole career.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.