Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Soprano Advice Required

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Edward Brown
    Participant

Hi All. New to the website and enjoying it.
      I play the Alto to around the beginner / Intermediate level.
      However my wife is really interested in learning the sax and really wants to have a go at the Soprano as she plays a little Clarinet.
      Can anyone give me any advice on a good Soprano sax to go for, student level that isn’t going to break the bank. Could probably stretch if pushed to around the £700 (uk).
      Any advice on a good student level Soprano Sax would be appreciated.

john
      Keymaster

yes Edward, huge topic there but I did invest some time in laying out several brands and models here;

Tips For Buying a Saxophone – Play It Safe With These Top Brands

it’s not specific to soprano or alto etc, just brands and models. for the price you mentioned you should find something without a problem in the student to intermediate range which will be fine as long as you stick with these brands I wrote about.

Anonymous

Hi Edward – if your wife is unsure about playing the sax,
          do what i did, as i was unsure about playing the sax, so i asked my daughter’s sax teacher for a taster lesson one of his spare sax’s. He then lent me a spare sax for a couple of weeks lessons to try out at home. I liked it so much i then went and bought a students intermediate alto yamaha sax.

Sites like sax.co.uk also hire out student sax’s, and i think there is the option to buy the sax as well

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.