Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Problems With Your Sax? taka taka tack tack

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

i thought this was easy articulation to play,
      but it’s harder than it seems,
      my starting attempts

need to work on this

brother cavefish
      Participant

LOL my first thought was benny hill. remember him, that dude was friggen nuts,, all aside this is good practice for “stutters” within a jamm, tongue work articulation , stopping and starting the reed vibration with the tongue instead of air , its like laying your hand on the strings of a guitar after a strumm, kills the resonance to start a new one , i guess one could call it a change up–LOL it has to be boring but dang if it aint helpful, sweet bro, its good to see you ripping it up, the sax is awesome only those who play music can understand, , you cant just listen you have to be in there ,, its expression of oneself , music is in our soul ,, its our DNA from GOD,, music controls, leads , satisfies and causes rampages , and war,,, it caises a chemical change is oneself,, because we are wonderfully and beautifully made with music ,, when i die i will ask God to let me play music for Him,, wow that was a good moment

Anonymous

Benny Hill surely new how to liven things up, him and tommy cooper, Laurel and Hardy among many others…

I like to upload various things, it justs shows an honest picture, that there are lots of things i just cant play straight off. A lot of folks just
          show the best bits, which can mislead other folks into thinking they can play everything perfectly. Turns out in my case, i have to work at everything and if i dont try, i wont know, if its possible to do it.

brother cavefish
          Participant

but are you have fun,, thats the ticket, for me i could not sit down nd play a song, had no patience,, so learned Hot licks, for instance splish splash has a sweet mid sax lick in the middle, i leaned that, little richard has a some sweet licks, sade too,,

Anonymous

That’s a good example Brother Cavefish, reminds me of rock around the clock.

I tried similar stuff in sax lessons last year, playing shake rattle and roll, but put it on hold, as i wasn’t quite ready for it. the timing with
              the changing chords was too difficult at that time, working slowly on the
              12 Major scales II V I exercises (dorian, mixolydian and ionion chords) is
              getting me better in time with chord changes.

thanks for the ideas – very useful

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.