Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Tenor Pink Panther scoop down on C natural

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Liam Williams
    Participant

Hi John
      In Pink panther tenor second line 1st note is a C natural. When I scoop it down per articulation lesson I reach a B note so do I not finger a B which happens to be the next note on the chart but rather just go straight to finger the A note? And that sets up an general observation: is it true and common that you can play the next note in a score by scooping down or up without having to actually finger that note but just giving it the proper time value and proceeding to next note? Thanks Liam

john
      Keymaster

I scooped into the c slightly but did not scoop or fall down from it. Just hit the B normally. Cause a few notes later you have a really big important fall off on the F# so you don’t want to over do these embellishments.
        as for the second part of your question, I don’t think I would do it that way.
        I prefer to use the scoop as more of a feature and not running or blending into neighbouring notes as you suggest.
        Of course if I say this as a rule, you can probably find an example of me doing the opposite! as rules can and will be broken but it is what I think I do.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.