Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video "Tequila" More Live Stage Footage From My Tour

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

Here’s some more footage I was able to get a hold of guys.
      It’s taken from 2 seperate performances… yes, one blue suit and one gold suit!

Remember you new comers here, you can download the Tequila backing track, music sheet and solo part in the Music section of this site.

Michael Bishop
      Participant

So, so cool to say the least 🙂 You guys did such a fantastic job Johnny, cool to see you get off stage and play v.s. staying stationary. Sure looks like the folks in the audience loved it too, who doesn’t like that song? I think it’s got to be one of the greatest Sax songs of all time, I would certainly say it belongs on the 10 most popular Sax songs of all time. I remember I did that song about a year and half ago, I made plans to re-do it after you released your lesson on the solo..you brought out some really great points that I picked up v.s. the first time I did it I just went by sheet music and kind of ‘winged’ it LOL At that time I barely started playing a high F#…oh my, how time goes by so fast LOL

Charlie Vash
        Participant

I’m not too sure I would have posted this. Sounds like a bunch of noise to me.

Michael Bishop
          Participant

Hi Charlie,
            Recording is kind of a subjective thing, Johnny was just using a simple cam recorder, it’s a live performance v.s being in your home recording studio. In any case, I would love to see you play this song and see how well you do. Good playing to you 🙂

Marc Justiniano
            Participant

Johnny, you sound awesome! Specially with the growling that is a must with this song. The recording sounds great as well. You are the saxman. As I’ve said in the past, you are the master black belt sax player in my book. Now, with Charlies comment, he must be hard of hearing or perhaps a beginner sax player?

Charlie, maybe you need to adjust your hearing aid, because you leave a one liner comment that is way out in left field. I won’t say anymore because I don’t want others who have followed, learned, and respect Johnny for his great playing and his professionalism along with his great lessons to get on your case but I have no control over what others may comment!

Johnny, thank you for showing us your great video and fantastic playing as always. Cheers

MARC… Los Angeles California U.S.A

wayne wojnarowski
              Participant

Man Johnnie, I think this is better than Chantilly Lace, you really kicked butt again what Charlie mistakes for noise is some cool growling and overblowing I think??? Can I ask a dumb question? When you change suit colors are you splicing for better sax parts?? I think you should start teaching us to make noise like that!

jake
                Participant

Great. Now that’s how you play tequila. Rock n roll nasty at its finest Johnny.
                  I have a Christmas party to attend tonight and I’m playing my sax and that song is def on the play list. Sure it’s gonna be a hit but def not as nasty and growly sounding as you can do it. Thanks for the vid. You are awesome and inspiring to say the least.

Anonymous

Wonderful performance Johnny – which gives us a very high standard to aim for.

These on stage videos present a very interesting perspective.

Thank you

Michael Bishop
                    Participant

Hey Wayne,
                      Johnny does have a lesson on growling and demonstrates flutter tongue, like he did in Tequila. Here’s the lesson below for you. The flutter tongue is really difficult to pull off, not too many players can do it, I can’t. I’m working on it and it’s been driving me crazy. Growling is much easier to do, but it doesn’t provide quite the same effect as flutter tongue does. In some songs growling works great, in other songs flutter tongue is much better and really necessary.

William Cingolani
                      Participant

Terrific performance Johnny, you have the moves and the sound. Thanks Michael for posting Johnny’s lesson on Growling and flutter tongue. I’ll be practicing my growl

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 24 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.