Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video To love somebody

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    jake
    Participant

Been a while since I posted something. Been kinda busy. Haven’t been on here like I used to be!! I compared this to my 1st post bye bye love on the blog and wow!!!!
      Started this song yesterday for a friend that requested it. WELCOMe any feedback as always.
      Thanks.

john
      Keymaster

Sounds great. Wonderful backing track.

john
        Keymaster

haha Jake, you made me go back to that first post too…
          congrats, there are all kinds of improvements and back then you wouldn’t even been able to tackle this song (which is a great choice by the way and has been on my to do backing track list as well)
          If I was working with you I’d have you spend more time on intonation. right now that is the most obvious thing and something that can be (and should be) improved upon.

john
          Keymaster

Jake. How do you put yourself in the video with all the colorful decorations?

jake
            Participant

I record the video on my phone and then use an app called video fx. Bunch of different things you can do to them.

Thanks for the replies. So what’s the best exercises for working on my intonation? I use a tuner and notes seem to be in tune. I know my Bb was a bit flat.
              Long tones, octave exercises?? Thanks again

saxomonica
              Participant

Hi Jake, as a beginner i found this link interestin’ as you may appreciate, cheers Mark –

saxomonica
                Participant

This one too –

john
                  Keymaster

yes Jake, all those things but daily and record yourself doing them so you can hear it. get some tuning notes from youtube (A440 etc) and sit with it for a while

saxomonica
                    Participant

Jake, mate my opinion your high notes sound not to bad at all bud, it’s those low notes beginning about 00:42 – 00:44 on the track starting around “when you love somebody” sound a bit sour and flat / honky to my ear such that they spoil an otherwise moving rendition for the remainder of the air, i’ll be real interested to hear Johnny’s answer and solution too!

Maybe they need some vibrato or more growl,. i dunno. You certainly wind them up better later. Hey it’s easy to criticize ‘eh – just wishin’ i had a tenth of your talent 🙂 Love the lights effect and sure is a great song, and, love your work heaps. You’ve inspired me.
                      Hey anyways here’s more stuff from another source i was looking at –

Intonation & Tuning

Anonymous

Hi Jake – nice to see you back on the scene.

I’m going to throw a spanner in the works, something i came across recently from band leaders who play the sax.

To get the mouthpiece in the correct location for the whole sax to be in tune, do the following..

1) finger a Low C and blow a Mid C (blowing the overtone).
                        2) finger a Mid C and blow it.
                        3) Pull the mouthpiece out or push the mouthpiece in, until no 1) and no 2) sound closely in tone and pitch.

mark the mouthpiece position on the sax, then practice playing all the keys in tune with a tuner, by bending the pitch down if necessary.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.