Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Unchained Melody – again

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    john springer
    Participant

Hi Johnny! WRT those notes, that come immediately after the “slide”, I think there are five of them within what seems to be a mordant. I can’t seem to get the sound just right. Can you tell me what notes you are playing and the technique involved. Once I can get that I think I have most of the song down. Also, what is the highest Altisimo you are playing.

brother cavefish
      Participant

you know you can download a slowdowner program , that play in exact key , but simply slows down the notes as to find them by ear

saxomonica
        Participant

Hi @john springer hope itz all coming together nicely for you and the notes are almost showing up together in your head, like Bro says try a slow downer program like anytune pro, say, can get free version first it is a good program, put a tuner to speaker even, also suggest try singing the notes and reaching out for them, they will mean something more to you wherein discovering them yourself …. fun fun the thangs we first find hard to understand we know the best later
          Good effort on this song so far, i’m gonna try and learn it too now, so many thanks for your help breaking it down with us to date – it is a great air hey 🙂

Here’s Herbie and crew cruising like a chainsaw buzzin’ –

Herbie Hancock — piano
          Freddie Hubbard — trumpet
          George Coleman — tenor saxophone
          Ron Carter — bass
          Tony Williams — drums

brother cavefish
          Participant

ihave learned many mean rock lics done by lee allen, and others from amazing slowdowner program, but i play by ear, thats how i learn

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.