Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Unchained Melody

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    john springer
    Participant

Johnny on that second note on the first measure, it sounds like you are sliding from D to the next note. When I do this I get a hard transition once the valve for the next note is opened. What is you technique in that video. Also are you using standard fingering for that slide?

john
      Keymaster

yes standard fingering but I’m not going directly from D to E.
        more like a passing tone; finger the note in between and it’ll sound smoother.so you’d finger the D# while playing from D to E.

it’s this movement that allows you to not get a hard transition as you called it.

john springer
        Participant

So D to F# then down to the E. The slide from D to F# is what I am talking about.

john springer
          Participant

I think I did it. I played the D, then slowly lifted my fingers to E and the slowly the F#, but did it like reverse drumming or even rolling of my fingers (so as to get s smooth even transition and that produced a slide effect. Is that how you do it?

john
            Keymaster

yes and scoop the first note of each group: F, F#, G, G# and even the last note A.

john springer
              Participant

WRT those notes, that come immediately after the “slide”, I think there are five of them within what seems to be a mordant. I can’t seem to get the sound just right. Can you tell me what notes you are playing and the technique involved. Once I can get that I think I have most of the song down. Also, what is the highest Altisimo you are playing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.