Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Want a back-up horn to my Trevor James SR–know anything about this Sax?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey guys,
      I’ve been wanting for to get a back-up Sax to my Trevor James SR Tenor, have had a couple of close calls with my Trevor James getting knocked off the stand, etc. I did have a Selmer Bundy Tenor and loved it but was forced to sell it to raise $ for my Trevor James. I have no hesitations in getting another Selmer Bundy to use as a back up horn, but have heard some good things about these line of Saxophones from ‘Jupiter’…so anyone know anything about these horns? I put a couple of postings from ebay below (my wife and I have been posting stuff on ebay to raise $ for the Guardalas) and they seem to be very well made. If in doubt, a Selmer or something like a Yamaha YAS-23 is tough to beat. Selmer Bundys are great Saxophones and with a good MP/proper tone as a player then you’re good to go–ebay is full of Selmer Bundys. This will be a back-up sax, so I’m not looking for anything elaborate. I messaged the guy in the 2nd posting with a few questions because he has no feedback and he hasn’t responded–that’s like a red flag to me.
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jupiter-tenor-saxophone-NEAR-MINT-/172738028209?hash=item2837fd22b1:g:wJ0AAOSwLsBZRyXd
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/tenor-Saxophone-/292046681711?hash=item43ff56b66f:g:T8YAAOSwdGFYvKjz

brother cavefish
      Participant

i would go with a YTS 52, great horn

jak Swift
        Participant

Hi Michael. I’m not sure if you know this but if your looking a Jupiters, you should also be checking out Buffet Crampon. Tai made they are the same horn, different name.
          I have over the years had both. They in my opinion are great horns , solid workhorses. My tech , Al rates them very highly. At one point I considered buying a Tai horn, a well known make. Al insisted the Jupiter was a better bet, and to keep that rather than spend a lump on a horn that may have fancy engraving, makers logo etc, but to all intents came from the same factory. ( such a secretive business these days ).
          Your a sensible guy Michael. Don’t get over worried about damaging your Mauriat; just make sure your horns are always insured with a reputable company.
          A nice Pan Am Conn, would be worth looking into. Again great horns, good price; and if you are really lucky , you may just stumble across a Pan Am ” MARTIN “. Pretty rare, but they are out there.
          Another horn I let go and regretted it…😕.
          Good luck man….
          Have a Great Weekend…..jak

jak Swift
          Participant

Sorry… TJ…not Mauriat !!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.