Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone What a Wonderful World – Duet with my Granddaughter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike Potter
    Participant

My granddaughter came over to hang with the old people for a few hours yesterday, she brought her alto sax and wanted to play a duet on What a Wonderful World. I told her I had a nice backing track and we can record it for fun. She’s in the HS marching/symphonic band and unfortunately due to covid they’ve had no practices/shows or any upcoming concerts. I know she really misses her friends and getting to play.

We practiced through he tune a couple times and recorded the following. Now I need to get my grandson on the recording as well, he’s playing tenor in his 8th grade band but he’s out of state so I’m trying to figure out how to get him recorded remotely. This was a lot of fun, we had a great time playing and chatting about music, it’s pretty special to be able to share something with her, she’s my oldest grandchild and holds and that’s very special. So here it is:

Mel
      Participant

Awesome Mike! How great that you got to play this with your granddaughter!

Anonymous

Aye – less of the Auld Folkes! We might be in the Departure Lounge of Life, but the Bars still open and we can still have a gud time. lol

Well played to your Granddaughter!

john
          Keymaster

Great Mike! The intonation was right on for most of it and we all know how hard that is to do!!!
            I am proud of both of you and I know you must be proud of her for really doing a good job.
            and a grandson that ALSO plays sax?!

Mike Potter
            Participant

Thanks folks! This was so much fun, music is such a great thing to be able to share with my family.

John, yes my oldest grandson is also playing sax! He was playing alto and wanted to play tenor so I picked him up a student model tenor (Jean Paul) and he’s doing really well.

Gary Deripaska
              Participant

Mike, exceptionally nice the two of you. Maybe some day the three of you will record one.looking forward to hearing it. Wish I had a grandchild that played Sax but Im it in my entire family. Really enjoyed it

Gary D.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.