Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire What’d I say

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Just bought this track recently, and played through it today – this will be a long term project to master.

Bar 14 had me a bit confused, should start Cnatural C# followed by 8 D’s, i know it’s obvious, but to
      bums like me, it can be confusing.

The only gripe i have is lack of chords. But saying that, the chords are very easy and probably not
      worth putting on the sheet – i like to noodle along to chords.
      Bars 2 to 5 – D
      Bars 6,7 – G7
      Bars 8,9 – D
      Bar 10 – A7
      Bar 11 – G7
      Bars 12,13 -D

so not so difficult for noodling.

Fantastic backing track Johnny, looking forward to messing about with it over the next few months

john
      Keymaster

yes it does look better with chords I agree and should have put them on but instead I wrote a note at the very top:
        (regular 12 bar blues progression)
        the only thing you missed in your interpretation was going back to the V chord on the 12th bar (bar 13 on the sheet)
        as most of you already know the typical 12 bar blues progression is 12 bars long; you’ll see a double bar at the beginning and end of each of these on the music chart to make it easier to identify.

from there it’s as you say above: four bars on the 1 chord, two bars on the 1V chord, back to 2 bars on the 1 chord then 2 bars on the 1V (sometimes, as in this arrangement it’s a bar of V followed by a bar of 1V) then two bars on the 1 chord again (sometimes as a variation it can jump to the V on the 12th bar again as it does in this song.

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback, i managed to flutter tongue the chords through the whole song. Its also a great tune to noodle alto to alongside your tenor playing. lots of possibilities, hoping to play something different to the backing track.

john
          Keymaster

good idea. my tenor track is simply a note for note copy of Ray Charles piano/vocal part so messing around with your own ideas is ultimately what it’s about.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.