Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire “Will You” by Hazel OConnor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dolph
    Participant

Probably one of the best sax solo’s ever. Unfortunately it’s done on an Alto 😉
      I’ve managed to find the sheet music for the song, including solo (pg 6-8), but was wondering if there’s someone out there who could adapt it for a Tenor Sax?
      Link at the bottom of this page: http://www.hazeloconnor.net/wesleymagoogan/wesleymagoogan.html
      Thanks,
      Dolph

john
      Keymaster

Ya thats a great alto sound he’s got going there! Why do you want to transpose it? The range is fine to play on tenor as written, unless you want to play in the same pitch to practice along with the recording?

Dolph
        Participant

Yes, that’s it Johnny. I like to play along with the song on full volume and pretend it’s me on stage. Unfortunately I can’t expect Hazel O’Connor to record a version on Tenor just for me. If only I had the money like a Russion Oligarch…………..

john
          Keymaster

I don’t have the time to do it but I noticed in the transcription the solo part was in concert pitch. This means you just need to transpose it up one whole tone for the tenor.

Dolph
            Participant

I never noticed that. Shouldn’t be too much of a problem then. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.